I am trialling some lunch box ideas for my son when he starts kindy, he is not a sandwich everyday type of kid.
He loves sushi and I thought it might be a good idea to make some for lunches and some rice paper rolls.
He normally only gets cucumber and carrot sushi so that’s what I made.
Gotta love Coles everything was there.
A few tips I found online
- Use sun rice sushi rice – its is perfect – wait for the rice to cool completely before rolling
- Make sure your rice is thin – if it’s too thick you can’t use too much filling as it won’t stick well
- Use sushi seasoning. This comes in a liquid form and you mix it through the rice.
- Cover you bamboo roller in glad wrap/cling film
- Don’t overfill your sushi
- If you slice it, use a wet knife